Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batman v Superman @ Comic Con San Diego

The Wonder Woman reveal

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGclhDKUp4"]films, don't stand a chance against this
[/URL]
Plus director Zack Snyder brought Batman (Affleck), Superman (Cavill) and Wonder Woman (Gadot) along.

There was this small gangly autistic 20ish guy that work at one of the local movie theaters here. For a whole year before the last Superman movie came out every time I would buy a ticket from him, he talked up the new superman movie. A real fanatic that should have gotten paid for all the publicity he was giving that film. Every time I went there and he started talking about superman I would think of Cillian.

Six months after Superman came out, I went to see Gravity. The guy was still talking about how Superman was the best movie of the year. Haven't seen him around there lately, so I am sure management had to have a talk with him about all the Superman talk, either stop it or get fired. I am sure this guy proudly stood up for justice and the american way and then was promptly handed the pink slip of kryptonite.

Rather sad really, I hate Superman yet I went and saw that stupid movie, mostly likely because of this guys undying fanboyism for Superman.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

I'd still rather see Avengers 2, just saying =/

Also your link no longer works Cill

Meryl Haddox Wrote:I'd still rather see Avengers 2, just saying =/

Also your link no longer works Cill

It does now, Warner Bros keeps removing it, not to worry I'll keep an eye out for it if it happens again.

Also the 2014 Comic Con San Diego chart does not lie :lol: http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2014...103788.gif

Interesting, perhaps I'll stream it lol. I'm still on the 'wait and see' list

Meryl Haddox Wrote:Interesting, perhaps I'll stream it lol. I'm still on the 'wait and see' list

That scene is apparently based off Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, I loved Batman's white eyes, it added to the intensity Confuseduprise:

I am impressed that they went with a more classic WW then The New 52 version. I think they got the memo from the fandom about the choice they made for who would play WW, and wanted to make sure in some way that she had the look to WW down. I'm still not sold on the whole Aquaman choice yet...since I remember him from SG:A, not what I would call Aquaman. I still have not seen anything on Cyborg yet, and am wondering if GL, Flash, and Martian Manhunter will make a showing....
We have no choice, Admiral Ghent! Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

I think I'm more excited for this

http://youtu.be/CphFZGH5030

EDIT: Seems that the video was removed because FOX is pissed off (and really I don't blame them). The video was test footage from the Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds, and it was quite amusing. It's unfortunate that they'll never actually green light the movie, and even if they did, knowing them, they'd try to remove the R rating that it would have to have =/

Meryl Haddox Wrote:I think I'm more excited for this

http://youtu.be/CphFZGH5030

EDIT: Seems that the video was removed because FOX is pissed off (and really I don't blame them). The video was test footage from the Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds, and it was quite amusing. It's unfortunate that they'll never actually green light the movie, and even if they did, knowing them, they'd try to remove the R rating that it would have to have =/

I seen it, Marvel films just isn't for me they seem like an action comedy for kids than anything else, with the exception of the X-men films.

With DC it has more depth with a more serious atmosphere towards their films such as the Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel, notice how they don't rush their films like Marvel does? it's because they prefer quality over quantity.

Besides didn't Ryan Reynolds butcher Green Lantern? What makes you think he'll make a great Deadpool? So with that being said...

Deathstroke > Deadpool (just saying Tongue)

LSF Shadow Wrote:I am impressed that they went with a more classic WW then The New 52 version. I think they got the memo from the fandom about the choice they made for who would play WW, and wanted to make sure in some way that she had the look to WW down. I'm still not sold on the whole Aquaman choice yet...since I remember him from SG:A, not what I would call Aquaman. I still have not seen anything on Cyborg yet, and am wondering if GL, Flash, and Martian Manhunter will make a showing....

Jason Momoa is still just a rumor for Aquaman at this point, with that being said, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is also said to be in talks with Warner Bros for playing either Shazam or Black Adam, he even posted this on this twitter account.

I feel compelled to join this geek circle to say just one thing, The Punisher is the greatest super (anti)hero of all time. It's too bad he keeps ending up in crappy movies.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Cillian Harth Wrote:Jason Momoa is still just a rumor for Aquaman at this point, with that being said, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is also said to be in talks with Warner Bros for playing either Shazam or Black Adam, he even posted this on this twitter account.

I could see The Rock as Black Adam, not Shazam....and who would play Billy!?
We have no choice, Admiral Ghent! Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

Cillian Harth Wrote:I seen it, Marvel films just isn't for me they seem like an action comedy for kids than anything else, with the exception of the X-men films.

With DC it has more depth with a more serious atmosphere towards their films such as the Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel, notice how they don't rush their films like Marvel does? it's because they prefer quality over quantity.

Besides didn't Ryan Reynolds butcher Green Lantern? What makes you think he'll make a great Deadpool? So with that being said...

Deathstroke > Deadpool (just saying Tongue)

ARGH! Don't get me started on the whole X-Men and Wolverine movies thing, I have a laundry list of issues with FOX when it comes to these movies. They totaly butcher some of the established backgroup and past of some of the characters, to point of total meltdown. I like th movies for the fact that they are fun live action movies but I cringe when I watch them for the first time and see what some of the characters have become.

Marvel Studios(Now Disney) has done a much better job with the Avengers and stuck to the background more so then FOX did. The main problem with Marvel is that the distribution is all over the place, so you will never see an Avengers vs X-Men Crossover, or Spidy vs Wolverine, and so on. That all changed when they pushed the Avenger project and now I think they wish they still held on to the X-Men and Spidey distro instead of passing them out to FOX and Sony. DC will never have that problem....all Warner.

DC in some ways have always been a much more mature comicbook company then Marvel has. Especially with titles like Batman, Titans, and JLA, they put those characters thru more character changes then you might see in some Marvel titles. That isn't to say that Marvel has its dark side either, with a lot of the mutant titles for example. I'm a huge GL fan, and while the movie was a bit silly it did stick to the background much better then some other hero movies I have seen before. Now if Hal Jordan had been a different race and in say the Army and still been Hal, then yeah that might have been a bit of a botch. The problem crops up like The Hulk, do you pay for that actor to come back or do you pick a more generic actor for less......

I personally think DC is a much better product in the Animated department then Marvel hands down. The DC Animated movies are great and they really stay close to the original stories much better. Marvel is very kiddy like and I have not been as excited to watch a marvel aninmated show compared to DC movies. The last real good show I enjoyed from Marvel was the old 90s X-Men.

DC got caught flatfooted when it came to the Avengers project. I think the amount of work put in the Avengers Phase 1 totaly blew up all hero movies no matter what product it was. Now DC is scrambling to bring the JLA around, which I hope they take time to put out a good product instead of just challanenging Marvel. JLA has always trumped Avengers in my book, and I hope it blows up Avengers when JLA finally makes the big screen, but we shall see they got a lot of ground to make up.

Deathstroke!!! is bad ass! Been a fan since the Titan days.....I do think Ryan Reynolds fits the mold of Deadpool for being a smartass character and a joker of bit. He kind of proved that in the Wolverine movies.

Pallos Wrote:I feel compelled to join this geek circle to say just one thing, The Punisher is the greatest super (anti)hero of all time. It's too bad he keeps ending up in crappy movies.

I always liked the old 80s Punisher movie, but I never got to much into the comic, I honestly don't know who owns the Punisher movies anymore but the last few were kind of decent.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man of Steel trailer from comic con Cillian Harth 9 8,784 07-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Cillian Harth 31 14,534 11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BinkSayres
  Stargate Universe Trailer Comic Con DDD 20 10,379 08-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Toshiro Kurita
  Hey Kids, now that we're done screwing up spiderman's story... (COMIC SPOILERS) DDD 16 7,762 12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DDD
  Any SBR in San Diego area? Brasidus 0 2,248 10-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Brasidus
  Terminator - Arnie + Batman Meparch 7 4,787 08-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Last Post: SBR_Ice
  Superman vs Goku -Death Battle Cillian Harth 0 6,182 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  BATMAN vs DARTH VADER Cillian Harth 0 1,558 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  BATMAN vs DARTH VADER - ALTERNATE ENDING Cillian Harth 0 1,842 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, teaser trailer Cillian Harth 0 2,857 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: