Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galactic Conquest

Hello again all,

Since this invasion thing is a weekly affair, I think it would be easier to just update one thread from now on. So keep checking this post for updated info.

For our sixth week of conquest I have chosen Hoth. It has a 2x bonus for GSF and Warzones. We do very well at both, so I expect we will place on the leaderboards once again. Since last week's simplification of just posting the dulfy link worked so well, I'm going to continue doing that from this point forward.

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planet...Operations

Aside from all of the easy bonuses this week, there is an imperial commander on Hoth. As a guild, we have become exceeding efficient at killing that guy. With our orbital support bonus, it should be even quicker than usual. Hopefully we can hit him multiple times this week, as the guild ship could use a few more rooms opened. So dress warm, and I'll see you all in game.

Oh, and let's not kill those tauntauns for once? The poor things can't catch a break. Wink

Return with Honor.

-Kirby
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Wednesday, starting at 9:30 EST, we will do EV to earn 4k points per person!<br /> <br /> [html]<iframe id="preview" frameborder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" seamless src="http://www.swtorconquest.com/static_pages/guildwidgetcustom?guild_id=245;target_guild=true;show_top=true;show_history=true;show_color=blueui;show_vertical=false;show_current=false;guild_count=10"></iframe>[/html]
<iframe id="preview" frameborder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" seamless src="http://www.swtorconquest.com/static_pages/guildwidgetcustom?guild_id=245;target_guild=true;show_top=true;show_history=true;show_color=blueui;show_vertical=false;show_current=false;guild_count=10"></iframe>
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

:Tongueuts on tauntaun head hat::

Huh, what now?
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

We held on to eighth last week on Hoth. Good work everyone. Claim your engineering rewards please.

This week is Black Hole. I debated Tatooine a lot, but after discussion in guildchat this morning, the consensus was that Black Hole would be the better choice. The amount of large guilds already in contention was too much to ignore. I don't doubt we could have placed, but it would have been another hard fight for ninth or tenth. With the new 12x xp bonus for subscribers that purchase the expansion, most of us are going to be playing alts anyway. That may have been enough to push us off the list.

As far as the bonuses for the Black Hole it's pretty simple. Warzones. Lots of them. It's a pvp focused planet and I know for a fact that quite a few of you can kick some tail when you so choose. Now is that time. For any other bonuses, the dulfy link is here

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planet...Death_Mark

See? Mostly zones. Plenty of imps need to die. Get to it. Wink

Now, next week is going to be our real shot at winning a planet. Every single planet is up for conquest. So I am going to wait a little longer than normal before I declare. I'd also like to make the planet choice a group effort, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. See you in game!

Third place at the Black Hole. Very well done sabers. Engineering rewards are still our choice for now.

Well, it's here. Total Galactic Conquest. Every single planet is up for contention. Dulfy's has all the information at

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planet...lactic_War

Pay special attention to the Balmorra missions. That is the planet we decided on hitting. It is mainly starfighter and flashpoints. This planet was chosen simply because every other massive guild that has beaten us before is elsewhere. We are in seventh at the moment since we just declared, but I have no doubt we will move up.

Now, I'd really love to get one of those conquest titles. We've gotten as close as second before, and third twice. We have about 200k points to make up, but the guilds in front of us don't seem to be big players. Let's take first place this time. To that end, I'd ask that everyone play as much as you can (without upsetting your daily lives of course). We have tons of excellent pilots and with everyone's help we can win this. The requirement for the rewards is steep this time at 50k, but that is secondary to just getting on top of the boards. Anyway, enough of my semi-begging. I just really want #1. Let's give it our best shot.

Oh, and first place or not, thanks for all that you do.

50k?

.-. _ |`\
\_\_(")_|__)
\ /
'(^)-(^)'
ldb~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Pram)

|
|
|
v

___
(~._.~)
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_) (Toys)
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Update! We are first at the moment. Fantastic work everyone! It is going to be a hard fight, but I'm hopeful. Please continue the fight! That title is within our reach.

We did it! Saberwing has officially conquered Balmorra. Our final total was over 3 million points! Excellent work everyone. I honestly couldn't be more proud. A heartfelt thank you to each and every Saber who participated. I really wanted us to win this week, and you all made it happen. You're the best! Enjoy that new legacy title. We earned it. Smile

Again, great work on Balmorra. Choose Engineering or Logistical rewards please.
To celebrate our victory I would love to get a guild photo on Balmorra itself. It would be a good way to celebrate. Friday or Saturday evening would be good since a lot of people are usually on then.

But enough looking back, time for the present. The planet for this week is Quesh. Dulfy has the details at

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planet...f_Industry

Warzones and crafting are the goals. Although it seems some of the crafting bonuses are off a bit. The patch tonight should resolve that. Anyway, there are some strong guilds in the running for this planet but I don't think we will have a problem placing. Good luck!

We took 9th place on Quesh. Special thanks to our crafters for doing their part.

We have invaded Corellia due to the GSF bonus. This one could get interesting. Let's get flying! The other bonuses are at the link

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planet...e_Corellia

This week is also the Rakghoul resurgence with a new world boss. There's a lot to do this time around. I'll see you in game.

Seventh place on Corellia. Good work all. It was a nice relaxing week. Engineering rewards remain the best choice. We still have a need for them.

I have decided to re-invade Corellia and this time we have a good shot. Only two guilds are ahead of us at the moment. Republic Honor Guard and Pax Dominus. This is a fight we can win if we all get to space in force. We are unfortunately going to lose control of Balmorra, but I figured trying for new planets is the better choice.

As usual, the info is located here.

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planet...Hyperspace

GSF is the only 2x bonus on this planet. Flying is the best thing you can do to reach your total.

I'll see you all in space!

I'm firing up my crafters to help give us a shot, although it's going to take some serious flying on our pilot's part to help make up the difference. First is doable I think, but with Republic Honor Guard (Zurg guild) and Army of Light (hardcore crafters) it's going to take a lot of work. I imagine that Eclipse Squadron wants first real bad too.

For those that don't know we need to get at least 10 games in to qualify for the unique colored crystal (which is suppose to be top secret, because nobody knows what color it is), I'd like to get at least 10 games in before 3.0 is launched, if anyone is interested I think Saturdays and Sundays is our best days to do this.

We hit fourth on Corellia last week. Good work Sabers! Engineering or Logistical rewards are a good choice. We need both.

As for this week, after waiting out all the big guilds I've selected Black Hole as our target. As of this post, we are third and only out of first place by 20k or so. Barring the Army of Light joining, (I don't think they have declared, I could be wrong) we have a real shot at first. Even if they do, I think we could beat them if we put our minds to it. Hit those warzones and let's give it a try!

The points for this week are at

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planet...Death_Mark

Good luck! I'll see you on the ground.

I want to help, I really really do. But I don't think I'm going to be able to take queuing in much this week.

The imps are constantly running double premades, double heals + tanks, and pugging that with just one or two of us... is just pointless. These teams are hard enough to play against when you've got a solid four on your side, much less the derps that have been queuing in lately. I don't need the comms and I don't need the aggravation. I may play on a lowbie toon to hit the cap, but other than that, I think I'm just done with pubside pvp outside of organized, skilled groups of solid four, with heals and the very least three hard hitting dps. Going into 55 with anything less lately is just a recipe for unfun.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next SWTOR Expansion "Galactic Starfighter Announced" Naveh 0 6,739 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  All Out Galactic War IamtheKrack 0 3,107 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Conquest invasion: Even though we have the lead on Nar Shaddaa Cillian Harth 0 2,244 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sonya's Advice for Conquest Crafting and Things IamtheKrack 0 2,113 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Makeb Conquest Starfire 0 1,668 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Conquest Petering Out on Weekend IamtheKrack 0 3,658 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Good Job this Past Week on Conquest IamtheKrack 0 2,005 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: