Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO LIE: EPISODE VII

Disney bought Lucas out and are now moving forward with a new Movie!!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/t...a67800008d
"But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." - Luke 12:48

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:15

"With great power comes great responsibility" - Ben Parker (Spiderman)

:thumbsup:

I'm stunned by this. Absolutely stunned.

Sadly, this really drives home my fathers death. He would have been floored by this, and I can imagine the conversation we would have had regarding it.

Anyway, I'm still processing this and will discuss it later in the future.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Not sure if Disney sequels are + or - compared to the prequels...

Of course, how much worse could it be?
[Image: sig.jpg]

Disney isn't all bad - they actually have a pretty good track record of letting subsidiaries produce good movies (Pixar, Marvel, etc.).

Prequel movies have taught me skepticism, so at this point, I'll wait and see. I'll need a lot more details before I'm ready to say much more (How will these movies fit within the EU continuity? How will they deal with the fact that the stars of the original movies are so much older? Who will direct/produce/write? Will Jar Jar Binks make an appearance?).

That said, I have to admit I'm a bit excited to see where this goes.

Also, I'm calling it right now:

"Episode VII: The Crystal Star"

Here is something mind blowing, Pixar, the computer system that powered Pixar films was invented at Lucasfilm. Lucasfilm (with ILM) was sold today to Disney for 4 billion dollars. Pixar was sold to Disney in 2004 for 7.8 billion.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Adventures of QuorTek sounds much better =)

Pallos Wrote:Here is something mind blowing, Pixar, the computer system that powered Pixar films was invented at Lucasfilm. Lucasfilm (with ILM) was sold today to Disney for 4 billion dollars. Pixar was sold to Disney in 2004 for 7.8 billion.

That's practically 12 billion dollars - Lucas has to be the richest man alive now.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Here is the brain behind both the Pixar and the Lucasfilms deals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Iger

Apparently, he also was responsible for Disney's purchase of Marvel Comics (~$4 billion).

Episodes 7, 8 and 9 eh..

/facepalm

Words... fail... hard... wha... hmmm.... ahhhhHHHhhh

Joss Whedon + Star Wars? *Boom*

I'm done

Sorry I think that 7 8 and 9 will fail badly due to it is disney....

Their general politics about violence and the likes and general entertainment ideas has gone downhill since they hit the ultra safe society thing where kids have to e over protected from everything.

Going to give the new movies a -10 untill I am convinced otherwise, mostly due to it would be disney doing it.

They even took out some of the old movies for the disney yearly special... because it had violence in the cartoons lol

I wasn't terribly impressed with The Avengers. I figured it was because I was no longer in the demographic that would like such a movie. I can't however argue with that movies success.

I doubt I will be terribly impressed with the new star wars movie either but then again, I am older than 12, so once again, not in the demographic.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

[youtube]YyqlTi7lkhY#![/youtube]
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

I wonder what writers they're working with on the story concepts?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Clone Wars episode ever Cillian Harth 17 8,825 12-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Best Stargate Atlantis Episode in a long time DDD 7 4,830 01-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Doc