Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got Cill's bug and made a poll...

I vote for Asteroid field bases Big Grin

I voted the mix of space / instance landing at a small base . But it all hinges around what sort of role the announced space combat's going to have in the game .

Arg...replied to the thread that I wanted to and not this one...unless your name starts with an X on the TOR forums.

Either way, fighters docking at a base or fighters docking at a battleship - all of it sounds sweet. But the battleship should be able to dock at the base.

Either way - I mentioned this in the topic - I really see battleships for battle, which implies that they may be lost. I don't know about you but it seems odd that an entire guild hall/battleship would go up in flames because of some ace Sith pilot. Even if it isn't attackable....not alot of fun to that. But who flies? Who does this/that? What happens when no one is online? This is why a static location for a base is logistically and logically more feasible.

Since it takes a larger number of people to man a battleship, what better staging area than the guild base? Not to mention the coolness of seeing one docked at your guild home.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Ive always like space stations.

Ive been ehavily influenced by the old West End Games sourcebooks... there is a vast wealth of great material in them and some very creative locations. Lots of space stations, abandoned space stations, moon starfighter bases, asteroid field bases, planetary airports/stations that are like 5 miles tall, smuggler bases, lost fleets, drifting ships... on and on.

You really got a feel for space.

Im tired of being stuck on planets.

I wish they'd port Eve to Star Wars =P Eve is everything I've ever wanted from a Star Wars game...except being Star Wars.

And I agree Ghent, I have about 15 of the old West End Games sourcebooks. They just don't make detail and imagination like that anymore.

Crackens Rebel Field guide and the Rebel Alliance sourcebook were practically the inspiration for LSF Smile And you cant beat Platts Starport guide for sheer awesomeness.

Oh yeah, I def agree about the awesomeness...and I loved the Platt character. Heck, Cracken is where I got my character's name from...probably about fifteen years ago when I started simming on AOL.

I'm trying to talk my wife into playing the old RPG with me. =P Good ole west end. :buddies:

lol AOL sims.

I was gonig to pick wedge as my AOL name at first... but it was already heavily is use. So I grabbed Ghent from the latest Zahn book I had.

I used to run the Smuggler Alliance on there before I went Rebel. We did stupid ass shit like steal all the yellow paint in the galaxy and painted a smiley face on the death star... I think we did something to their ISDs too.. maybe painted them to look like cheese wedges.

Did you know Orion Wolf or Severus?

I actually submitted my star wars artwork to WEG in 1996 or 1997. Not that my stuff was any good, but I got a nice rejection letter that I still carry around with me to this day. But I suppose I forgive them as they went bankrupt within a year or so. Big Grin

JC was never actually in Flashpoint, Ghent, and I think Orion Wolf and Severus went the way of you shortly after you did. Unless they decided to go by different aliases, as it happened at the time.

I still have some old West End Star Wars RPG books around. The first ones. Good times.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

I'm not as old as you peeps so I've got the Star Wars d20 stuff around the house. I was able to gather a bunch of action figures from garage sales and invite buddies in high school over to do some d20 action. Man - those were awesome times.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Yeah I played in some big 'universe' where the main imp sim was Echelons of the Apocalypse. I was in 7th grade when I got into it, so that'd put me at around 1995. Then I took over Sonic's universe after he left, tho he didn't really know that. Wink Then his random postings are what led me to LSF.

Sonic's randomness led to something? Who knew? Wink
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Jayce Wrote:Yeah I played in some big 'universe' where the main imp sim was Echelons of the Apocalypse. I was in 7th grade when I got into it, so that'd put me at around 1995. Then I took over Sonic's universe after he left, tho he didn't really know that. Wink Then his random postings are what led me to LSF.

Meh.. You can have it. Damn punks took all the fun outta AE. Still bewilders me that they let me have so much power.. Emperor of the SIU.. Only SSD in the universe (I blew up the other one as my first act as the SIU's Emperor.. Battle of Culroon III. Epic, to say the least).. Moderator, then elected 'King of the Moderators'. Was all kinda.. weird. I had all that power, yet I limited my use of it to spite being called unfair. Go figure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bioware has listened, offical poll for changing Jedi Wizard AC name Cillian Harth 27 14,115 12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Sonic
  Take my latest poll Cillian Harth 32 16,475 05-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Last Post: NightFire