Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild warships?

Please comment on my thread here for more details.

Not fully supporting this system though, mainly due that the game would simply not be mature or cut well enough to it.

Have a space station that is not attackable somewhere in space would be a cool enough idea, but not a moving object like this, it would really cause much grief to people out there, if you want to play stuff alike this you should play EvE Online, the game is an open sandbox 24/7 and you can be attacked anywhere at any time as you are not safe for real unless docked to a NPC station.

I know that some of the guys here would be all up about getting capital ships and such in a starwars game, but I am kind of against it... since it require a huge personal constantly being online to operate one for it even to be realistic and only the big guilds out there would be able to if so.

It is not like there is one pilot piloting the thing in the starwars world.. there is cartographers... navigators... pilots... gunners... mechanics and technicians and what more that I forgot to add... maybe up to gunboat size for vessels... I am still going by that... and if a bit extreme corellian corvette size.. bigger would be unrealistic in my opinion.. of course NPC Cap ships and battleships and so on and so forth should be an option but not for players.

QuorTek Wrote:Not fully supporting this system though, mainly due that the game would simply not be mature or cut well enough to it.

Have a space station that is not attackable somewhere in space would be a cool enough idea, but not a moving object like this, it would really cause much grief to people out there, if you want to play stuff alike this you should play EvE Online, the game is an open sandbox 24/7 and you can be attacked anywhere at any time as you are not safe for real unless docked to a NPC station.

I know that some of the guys here would be all up about getting capital ships and such in a starwars game, but I am kind of against it... since it require a huge personal constantly being online to operate one for it even to be realistic and only the big guilds out there would be able to if so.

It is not like there is one pilot piloting the thing in the starwars world.. there is cartographers... navigators... pilots... gunners... mechanics and technicians and what more that I forgot to add... maybe up to gunboat size for vessels... I am still going by that... and if a bit extreme corellian corvette size.. bigger would be unrealistic in my opinion.. of course NPC Cap ships and battleships and so on and so forth should be an option but not for players.

guild warships would be the perfect way to interact with pvp between players, sure a space station would come in handy for a guild's main hub, but having at least 6 guild members to operate a guild warship would give space a whole new meaning to pvp, it would give space something to look forward too where you can actually fly your own personal ships into the hanger bay of the interior of the warship giving it a more iconic starwars feel.

no ... an immobile object like a space station maybe ... but not that . I'd rather captial ships be npc stuff that can be boarded for adventure an quests ... Not something like a player controlled device . For all the same reasons Quor pointed out .

Umm, pretty sure they will put into the game whatever they feel like reguardless of what any of us want.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

kateria Wrote:no ... an immobile object like a space station maybe ... but not that . I'd rather captial ships be npc stuff that can be boarded for adventure an quests ... Not something like a player controlled device

Agreed

kateria Wrote:no ... an immobile object like a space station maybe ... but not that . I'd rather captial ships be npc stuff that can be boarded for adventure an quests ... Not something like a player controlled device . For all the same reasons Quor pointed out .

Why bother with a oversized tube that doesn't even move? warships would be more iconic where we can go head on with the opposite faction in pvp.

Player character Capital ships isn't a great Idea TBH... Trust me it creates too massive a divide between the haves and have nots.... plus they turn into huge floating targets.
"Ghost Legions? Bunch of common criminals... they shouldn't give us any problems sir." - Last transmission of Col. Henry Driver, 4th Tau Ceti Lancers.

it is a matter of personal resources Cillian, the way the ship would work would mean there would be NO time for ground business, all your doing would be in space all over to keep such a thing going, it means you would not be having time to wave around your precious saber cillian... and why should everyone else but you keep the thing flying whenever gets to it when you obviously am not interested in the actual space game as it is.

It is not the lack of personal skill that I lack to commandeer a ship or for that sake any other of the fanatics on these boards that like space with the same passion, but it would end in driving me out and probably others as well as we would have no point in moving game for a space fix as we get all that in Eve Online already, we commandeer big ships there, we got space stations.. we mine.. we earn credits... we kick people out of our system by killing them.. we steal other peoples ships that has been left for hijacking.. we earn credits on what we can make with our resources.. we do the market with passion as well in there.

On top of that alot of PvE... PvP if we want to... and grand theft spaceship whenever we see the opportunity for it.

Do you think that SWTOR would model the entire infrastructure after eve onlines economy system and player controlled economy/sandbox game, events... extermination... monopolys?`asking because it would reflect both ground and space and well.. for my personal opinion I would be ok with.. I would know there is safe zones.. and zones I should not pass by without caution.. and zones I should completely avoid entering without serious backup.

As a base and home it would solve a problem, even if it could move to different systems so you can shuttle down maybe, but not as a hostile faction.. what happens if it blow up what about everyones individual assets... space is kind of naval... it could be used as a base moving around in deep space somewhere long away with us doing space missions and the likes yet the ship still being invulnerable, but not able to do any damage either... a place we would end up when we get popped out there for then a repair for a cost of our ships.

As a PvP platform nope, it wont work it would cause grief from the newbies and ground people that get there RP ship blown up by vicious pirates (us for an instance doign mean stuff, and we would do it.. especially because the space peopel here has been hardened in EvE Online one way or another)

QuorTek Wrote:it is a matter of personal resources Cillian, the way the ship would work would mean there would be NO time for ground business, all your doing would be in space all over to keep such a thing going, it means you would not be having time to wave around your precious saber cillian... and why should everyone else but you keep the thing flying whenever gets to it when you obviously am not interested in the actual space game as it is.

It is not the lack of personal skill that I lack to commandeer a ship or for that sake any other of the fanatics on these boards that like space with the same passion, but it would end in driving me out and probably others as well as we would have no point in moving game for a space fix as we get all that in Eve Online already, we commandeer big ships there, we got space stations.. we mine.. we earn credits... we kick people out of our system by killing them.. we steal other peoples ships that has been left for hijacking.. we earn credits on what we can make with our resources.. we do the market with passion as well in there.

On top of that alot of PvE... PvP if we want to... and grand theft spaceship whenever we see the opportunity for it.

Do you think that SWTOR would model the entire infrastructure after eve onlines economy system and player controlled economy/sandbox game, events... extermination... monopolys?`asking because it would reflect both ground and space and well.. for my personal opinion I would be ok with.. I would know there is safe zones.. and zones I should not pass by without caution.. and zones I should completely avoid entering without serious backup.

As a base and home it would solve a problem, even if it could move to different systems so you can shuttle down maybe, but not as a hostile faction.. what happens if it blow up what about everyones individual assets... space is kind of naval... it could be used as a base moving around in deep space somewhere long away with us doing space missions and the likes yet the ship still being invulnerable, but not able to do any damage either... a place we would end up when we get popped out there for then a repair for a cost of our ships.

As a PvP platform nope, it wont work it would cause grief from the newbies and ground people that get there RP ship blown up by vicious pirates (us for an instance doign mean stuff, and we would do it.. especially because the space peopel here has been hardened in EvE Online one way or another)

Your the one always complaining about that there isn't enough content in space, well I just gave my two cents and you just shot it complete down especially when everyone else in that thread (or at least the good majority) thought it was a great idea regardless, and speaking of personal space that's what your personal ships would be used for, just like in the KOTOR games. Even though if a space station is available it should be used for constructing warships and your own personal starfighters etc the matter of the fact is the majority love the idea it would give life back to PVP in space for having guild warships involved in the war effort, the possabilities are endless even having these ships maintaining the story content making it even more promising, who knows mayble we'll end up blasting a enemies planet into bombardment or even pulling a personal enemy craft with a tractor beam into the hanger bay of our guild warships, or even facing another warship head on by taking out their shields and bridge, all of this is iconic starwars

CAPSHIPS?! OMG CAPSHIPS!
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

Not shooting it down really cillian... just saying that the game is not mature enough for it.. of course I would like my own little ball park, but it requires alot to keep a thing like that running.... and carebears would complain about the problems all over and again.

In EvE it is like... ok you touched my cargo can, now I can legally kill you and then you die.. you can fly into a zone... and then you die... when you lose a ship it is perma lost and you need ot get a new one.

I don't think the playerbase in swtor is ready for capships.. if it dies.. it is gone or something.. and you would have to get a new one, just the cost of it.. the resources and time needing to make one would be several weeks.. if it was passive and invulnerable to attacks and not able to attack as it for being a transporter to distant space locations I would be fine with.

Those fools at the swtor site got no idea what wall they probably are going to run into if we got it for PvP, but then saying it could be parked outside a space pvp area/warzone in space and be a station to operate out from to get a pvp fix done with gunboats... fighters... bombers... transporters maybe alike the ebonhawk and so on and so forth.

THis is a completely unrelated game, but they just added guild ships into a new game coming out called Allods Online. Amazing fantasy/steampunk MMO especially considering its Free 2 play. However, they have astral ships in the game, and they are only usable by guilds. Ie) 3 people to steer, although 1 can do it. Bunch of people needed to fire the cannons, and they don't have heat seeking missiles of magicy doom, they actually have to aim them lol.

You also need people to run around to repair hull and guns, as well as have a team ready should your ship get disabled and boarded by an enemy player ship. Once that happens, you need a team to be guarding your treasure room on the ship, because any loot you got on one of the astral islands (allods) is unusable until you get back to a safe port. Making it fair game for any Player Pirates that manage to board your ship. Now I know this is completely unrelated to SW:TOR, but with the idea of guild ships, I thought htis game proved how well and interestingly it can be done Smile Especially with PvP being the main focus of them.

Steam punk rules all other geners. when does this game come out?
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Archangel Wrote:Steam punk rules all other geners. when does this game come out?

Its in CBT4 right now. And should be releasing soon, as it is already out in Russia. The company making it is Russian *waits for the jokes* But they are also the company that made Rage of Mages, and MIght and Magic.. *cant remember what numbers* You should be able to get a Beta key from ZAM.com still, thats where I got mine. One word of warning, there are two sides you can play. The League, which is essentially high fantasy, cutesy etc. They have humans, elves, and this cute little race called Gibberlings, which pretty much are humanoid gerbils.... And you don't just get 1.. oh no, your character is 3 different gibberlings that work together *snickers*

The Other side is the Empire.. They are the steampunk side, very very cool. They have 3 races as well, human, Arisen *which are like cybernetic undead* and Orcs. Of all the games that have come out in the past 2 years, this game is hands down one of the best. Especially considering its a Free 2 play game, and it only has microtransactions for convenience items. I recommend giving it a shot if you are interested in that type of thing. The Astral Pvp and Demon Raids with ships is by far one of the most interesting aspects of it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats saberwings alt guild for our sith toons? Cillian Harth 1 3,727 10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Last Post: adun12345
  No guild bank? Starfire 3 4,134 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Guild ships will come... Hanak 9 7,859 05-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Last Post: adun12345
  Guild Info/Guild Tab Guide Hanak 0 5,805 02-26-2012, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Hanak
  Guild Mails Starfire 2 3,361 12-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Phase 2: Guild Allignment Zombie 3 4,049 09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Meparch
  Guild Capital Ships Hanak 3 3,880 03-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Here is our chance to promote Saberwing at Guild Headquarters (HQ) Cillian Harth 57 25,554 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Guild ship crew area decoration! Starfire 0 3,094 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Taking a Break from Guild Progressive Ops IamtheKrack 0 1,622 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: