Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playable species

some species will be determined by the class you play, here are the known playable species so far, I will update the list as I get more info

For the Empire:

Rattataki Bounty Hunter

Chiss Imperial Agent

Sith Pureblood Sith Warrior

Zabrak Sith Inquisitor

For the Republic:

Twi’lek Smuggler

Miraluka Jedi Knight

Mirialan Jedi Consular

these are confirmed races ?

no humans ?

kateria Wrote:these are confirmed races ?

no humans ?

Yes these are confirmed races

Every class can be the human race i'm just confirming the alien races for each class so far.

I'm sorry but goth humans don't count as a different species.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Archangel Wrote:I'm sorry but goth humans don't count as a different species.

exactly !

sigh no Cathar Sad . So sad . An no bothans no rodians .... an no wookiees . Failure Bio ware ....

Well.. I'm not sure the Wookiees or Bothans were part of any side that this point.. I mean, it's entirely possible that during this timeline, the wookiees hadn't had contact yet? I dunno. But what gets me is that Thrawn was the only Chiss, but now we got a ton of them running around everywhere.. I dunno.

I doubt that will be the final setup for species, they'll likely change it so any species (with the exception of pure blood Sith {who were extinct by this time}) can go with any class

EDIT: Also seeing as the Republic hadn't run into the Chiss until it was the Empire under Palps I don't think they should be playable, much less in the game at all

kateria Wrote:sigh no Cathar Sad . So sad . An no bothans no rodians .... an no wookiees . Failure Bio ware ....

relax Kat, there is more to come they just haven't revealed all the species yet, but if you want your voice to be heard stat your opinion here so bioware is aware how you feel

Basically it is the human mesh with different textures. Real alien species requires additional art assests they may not be willing to dish out for. Chiss can be done in about 15 minutes. Just a simple mod off the humans and that is why they are in the game and for no other reason. They care about as much as cannon as they do your opinion on what species you would like to play.

They did have a Mon Cal NPC in one of the videos, so there is still hope for the coolest race but they will probably have many alien NPCs which aren't playable. A static mesh isn't so hard to pull off.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Meryl Haddox Wrote:EDIT: Also seeing as the Republic hadn't run into the Chiss until it was the Empire under Palps I don't think they should be playable, much less in the game at all

Pretty simple to explain away, records of them get lost in the 3000 years between TOR and Ep IV-VI era. Particularly if they're an Empire only race. Same could be said for the Rattataki.
[Image: sig.jpg]

Interesting. Well then, should Nautolans be absent as Jedi Knights, I'll definitely be playing a Miraluka.

Edit: Thinking on it, I'm now leaning more towards Miraluka regardless of whether Nautolans are in or not.

Hey, what about those E.T. guys that were in the Senate? We get to play them, too? =P

They seem to be implying that wookies won't be playable at the start. So we'll see.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Seems like space won't be playable, either.. And yes, I am cross-threading. I feel it's relevent