Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now their compairing the Jonas Brother to the Beatles WTF

This is complete BS...the Beatles are the greatest band in history and some twit is compairing the Jonas Brothers to them? WTFever.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/newt...1#comments

gonna have to agree with cillian here , a huge leap of faith and shock I know Sad .... Sides if any band was close to comparing to beetles you gotta consider U2 .

................................you guys didn't read the article, did ya?

It SCREAMS sarcasm.

Quote:It seems like only weeks ago that the Jonas Brothers released a new album--but thankfully, just as the iconic and best-loved bands of the '60s managed to release three albums in one year, here comes their new one!

Yes, in many ways, today's music scene recalls the glory days of eras long past!

For starters, the Jonas Brothers are brothers! Just like the Everly Brothers, the Louvin Brothers, the Statler Brothers and the Blues Brothers!

Secondly, like many of the '60s best bands, they've recorded an album and are offering it for sale!

Finally--and I suspect this is the clincher--by all reports, it's audible!

Who says you can never go home again?

Seriously now guys come on. They're making fun of the Jonas Bros crazy fans Tongue

Fans have been claiming their band has been as good as the Beatles forever, doesn't mean anyone actually ever believes them.
[Image: sig.jpg]

sorry nis , I got up way to early today an forgot all about things like three impossible things before breakfast , and common sense like sarcasim . :thumbsup:

They do have something in common, they are both over hyped!
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Archangel Wrote:They do have something in common, they are both over hyped!

Agreed

Archangel Wrote:They do have something in common, they are both over hyped!

The Beatles weren't over-hyped, they actually had the talent to back everything up, they were one of a kind.

Belle doesn't like me saying this, but the Beatles weren't anything special. They did some damn good things for music in general, but their sound was just eh.

I never was much of a fan.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

The Beatles were/are extremely popular. Their greatness comes from their fiancal success not the artistry behind "I want to hold your hand". There music is catchy and good for a bunch of simple little tunes but I wouldn't call it great music.

The beatles as a band may have been over hyped ... But Lead singer John Lennon was a brilliant songwriter post beatles . His song , " Imagine" Is still a very well done song that still stands as one of the all time top songs . That alone can not be measured .

kateria Wrote:The beatles as a band may have been over hyped ... But Lead singer John Lennon was a brilliant songwriter post beatles . His song , " Imagine" Is still a very well done song that still stands as one of the all time top songs . That alone can not be measured .

John Lennon and George Harrison were both brilliant song-writers "Imagine" and "Got my mind set on you" were surpurb songs

"Imagine" wasn't by the Beatles though. "Love Me, Love Me Do" and "I Wanna Be Your Man" were by the Beatles. If they just started out today with even a small but good handful of their songs, they wouldn't make it.

Would not say that Beatles is the greates band... dunno they had there time.. and alot of it is actually pretty cool too.. but I wonder if they would be known in a 100 years?

Sadly as it is now a day nothing much would receive that status, unless you are looking into classical such as Mozart and such.

There are so many good acts now it is hard for any one band to be lefted to the status the Beatles have. Sort of like Star Wars. It is just an ok movie with a ripped off story. It was the first big special effects movie so it was special in its time. Now those movies are a dime a dozen and forgotten a year after the dvd is out.

dunno , 100 years from now somewhere someone will still be playing yellow submarine , and great balls a fire . Just have a sneaking suspiscion

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They're taking my brother.. Rawrm 0 2,263 04-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Rawrm