Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WoW

hey ppl i know nisdain and doc and a couple of other still play WoW sometimes what server do you guys play on?

I play from time to time on Cenerian Circle. Not currently subbed though

Err.... Me and Josh certainly don't play WoW... I don't think we ever have Tongue
[Image: sig.jpg]

Syn and I play on Sisters of Elune, and we're currently subbed. Nice casual game to play when we get a chance.

Why even bother with another MMO till SWTOR comes out? when that hits shelves, you can kiss, SWG, and EVE goodbye. People are talking about Star Trek online and Stargate Worlds, but I have a strong feeling SWTOR will top them all, and it will be the only stiff competition for WOW.

Cillian Harth Wrote:Why even bother with another MMO till SWTOR comes out? when that hits shelves, you can kiss, SWG, and EVE goodbye. People are talking about Star Trek online and Stargate Worlds, but I have a strong feeling SWTOR will top them all, and it will be the only stiff competition for WOW.

I highly doubt SWTOR will come close to killing EVE. I don't even know if subs would really suffer at all when it comes out. Completely different game styles entirely.

StarGate Worlds is hitting a rough spot right now, it may even get canceled =/

Nis and Doc are too cool to play WoW. I actually bought WoW but never installed it. I guess I'm too lazy to play WoW.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

lol Arch! It's a fun game, it has elements of hardcore for those who are into raiding, but there is a lot to do if you don't. I don't think Syn and I will be raiding again any time soon rofl, so we play a couple hours in the evening after Sabs goes down to sleep. The newest expansion has lots for us to do right now, and the new class Deathknight is kinda neat.

I beta'd Eve, but could never fully get into it myself, I didn't like that I only had a ship and couldn't do anything on land. But its definitely a cool game, and has a huge following. I don't think any game will ever sink EVE, its too much of a niche game with its own niche of players. Although Jumpgate Evolution is looking kinda cool.

I am currently in the Beta for Fallen Earth, which is a post-apocalyptic MMO, kinda Falloutish, and its fairly good. Still very early in beta though, it just came out of alpha in March. Waiting to see if I can get into the beta's for Earthrise and Champions Online as well. I recently Beta'd Free Realms as well, Sony's new kids game. Very very well done and cool for a young kid to play, so if any of you know an 6-12 year old looking for a good safe game to play, its great. Kind of fun as an adult too, for a super casual game, and it has Cart Racing!! =oP TOns of Minigames in it, and its free to play.

In any case, I am looking forward to SWtoR very much,but I don't necessarily think its going to be the " be all end all" of MMOs, i've been burned one too many times with MMOs rofl. And I am definitely going to test the waters in the interim, and play anything that amuses me and that I have time for.

NightFire Wrote:I highly doubt SWTOR will come close to killing EVE. I don't even know if subs would really suffer at all when it comes out. Completely different game styles entirely.

That all depends on the space content Nis, Bioware is being pretty secretive about it so you never know it just might knock EVE out of the picture too.

Every time there is a big popular IP game coming out, people always say, "zomg this is going to kill *insert popular MMO name here*" And it never ever happens.... even if those who are interested in the new game leave to try it, its inevitable that a good portion will return to their previous game. People are too jaded now with regards to online games, and its almost impossible to live up to the fanboi hype. I'm not saying I don't think it's going to be a good game.. I think it is, and I REALLY hope it is.. Let's say I am cautiously optimistic about it. But to say it's going to kill any other games population, is just silly. Eve is a very different beast than any other MMO on the market, or coming into the market soon. It appeals to a certain type of gamer, and the fact that it is Sci Fi, is not the only determining factor in that.

TOR is going to do what it does very well. However it seems the scope of TOR is very limited and this is what is going to be the down side of TOR. SWG did everything half assed, but it did do everything. We won't see anything like that with TOR. And I agree with Big Sabs, Eve is everything TOR won't be.

Cillian Harth Wrote:That all depends on the space content Nis, Bioware is being pretty secretive about it so you never know it just might knock EVE out of the picture too.

It has nothing to do with how good TOR's space game is versus EVE. EVE's a total sandbox more or less, TOR's a theme park based game from everything that has been shown.

NightFire Wrote:It has nothing to do with how good TOR's space game is versus EVE. EVE's a total sandbox more or less, TOR's a theme park based game from everything that has been shown.

TOR is a storydriven RPGMMO, and that's exactly what most MMO's lack of is a good story driven game, you can only do so much in a grinding based MMO, sure they may have some theme parked based scenerios but those only last so long. I'd rather play a game that has a good story rather than grinding for goods anyday, it makes it more exciting and worth playing!

Every good story has a beginning, a middle and most importantly an END. There in lines the problem with TOR and guild wars.