Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to be that

At rs gold the time, I remember thinking the core idea was fascinating but that the execution made me distinctly uncomfortable, since for someone who doesn't fit that perfect molded gay male body (like me, admittedly), such clubs are often openly, literally hostile spaces.But while Miller's game defuses this with humor and campy charm, and Yang's work is at least attempting to engage creating Runescape games with queer content in novel ways, Coming Out on Top feels old and tired, a throwback to an era that as an adult I've moved past. 18-year-old me, who had no frame of reference, would have been agog at the heavy description of oral sex over an explicit still of a hot cock, thinking I want that, I want to be that. But 36-year-old me, looking back almost two decades later, wants more and perhaps, more importantly, wants better for the gay guy who's 18 now, looking for definition on what he can be. I want him to see actual gay experiences reflected, not a packaged and unrealistic version set up for the consumption of people with little stake in his future.I think the biggest disappointment, though, is that there is lots of media space for representation of gays and lesbians now, but we are basically wasting it on reaffirming the same stories and tropes we've been telling for a very long time and it's possible that these stories are hurting us, not helping. The reality of gay male desire is bigger than Ken doll hot bodies frosted with optional chest hair. So while I don't necessarily have a problem with a wacky gay sex romp, I find it difficult indeed to be excited over it. Todd Harper is a Runescape games researcher, writer and critic who looks at Runescape games and gaming culture from a cultural and media studies perspective. He's particularly interested in issues of gender and queer representation and diversity. He tweets rather too often at @laevantine and blogs probably not often enough at Stay Classy. Romanticizing Tragedy: Should Disaster Runescape games Be Fun?. I know how to turn Oregon Trail , that old milquetoast edutainment game, into an action-packed romance. You can buy only bullets and shoot only rabbits they're the fastest and trickiest to hit. You can name all of the wagon riders after your current crushes, even the ones who don't know who you are in real life, so their ailments and illnesses will feel all the more overwhelming and poignant. You'll have to rest for every broken arm and increase rations and shell out for fancy ferry rides all to protect your darling harem.I was a pretty lonely middle schooler.

I kind of think I should delete, but I also have a level of respect for pure batshit insanity.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Yeah. I really don't know what to do about this one. Is this in response to something that was deleted? I don't mind the subject matter, but I feel like the context is missing.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

I have not seen anything that was deleted and it seemed absolutely random. I actually saw it before Pallos and left it for EXACTLY the same reason.
[Image: sig.jpg]

O.o

Bonus points for using "milquetoast."

Can still view the other post here and manege it..

Is it me or is this hard getting any sense out of?

The language used in public view seem a bit over the edge though credits for the moment of insanity I guess.

For fucks sake, the one post Quortek should understand and he doesn't.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Its like part of it was direct copy/pasted from Todd Harper's tagline.

Like this part in particular: " Todd Harper is a Runescape games researcher, writer and critic who looks at Runescape games and gaming culture from a cultural and media studies perspective. He's particularly interested in issues of gender and queer representation and diversity. He tweets rather too often at @laevantine and blogs probably not often enough at Stay Classy. "

I still can't pull the trigger on the damn delete button, because this is honestly the most batshit crazy thing I've seen in awhile. Course I just read about Westboro protesting Kim Davis, so it's losing ground pretty fast.

Ok, I have a confession, normally, when I see stuff like this, I read maybe the first 5 or 6 words and just stop, like we all do when Quortek posts and we can't just understand what the hell he is typing. So I never read far enough to the umm, content of this post. I just forced myself to actually read this and I have two things to say about it:

First, WTF?
and Second, this reconfirms why I stop reading shit like this after a few words and move on.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

It's so fun though!

I vote for taking it off the public side of SBR and maybe add it somewhere in the member area... mostly in a way to not let new comers to get a wrong impression of us.

Meparch Wrote:Ok, I have a confession, normally, when I see stuff like this, I read maybe the first 5 or 6 words and just stop, like we all do when Quortek posts and we can't just understand what the hell he is typing. So I never read far enough to the umm, content of this post. I just forced myself to actually read this and I have two things to say about it:

First, WTF?
and Second, this reconfirms why I stop reading shit like this after a few words and move on.

Usually I try not to leave a wall of text without cuts and space here and there, and you did read my previous posts Tongue

Cracked the code

I knew it had to be some damned article from something.

How did you find that? You are a master at Google Fu!
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.