Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sage Healing 1.2 pvp

I found this on the boards by Daycon who is the top healer on my *cough* darkside server.
Healing without Conveyance and Resplendence (21 Seer/20 Tele pvp build) | 03.21.2012 , 04:02 AM

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMord0zZfobrzRr.1

What you lose over the standard healing spec:
AoE Heal
Free Noble Sacrifice
6-8% healing (8% if you take Conveyance)
6% willpower
2% reduced damage and crit

What you gain with this spec:
20 second Force Speed
3 second AoE blind when shield expires
Force Wave roots targets for 5 seconds
6 second lockout on our interrupt
Cheaper nukes!

Everyone says it's the end of the world. Have any of you tried healing without them yet? I have used this build off and on the past couple of month and found it quite useful. The defensive talents give you breathing room when being focused. It's only weaknesses were the lack of AoE heal and losing Resplendence. Losing Resplendence will be less of a concern if the patch notes hold up. There is room for Conveyance in this build, but I am choosing to play without it now as practice for 1.2

I still use Noble Sacrifice, keeping myself at 1 stack of debuff. I spec for Valiance and wear 4 piece Battlemaster bringing the cost to 10% health per sacrifice. If you're not getting focused, you're free to Sac on cooldown. If you are getting focused, you're getting stunned/interrupted and healing less thus not needing as many Sacs. (Perhaps I am reaching. Work with me here!)

The first night I tried playing without Conveyance, I failed. I was losing to Sith Warriors in a 1v1 fight. You are used to them being in your face, and you can just Rejuv into double 1.5 Deliverance. You usually get the first one off, maybe the 2nd gets kicked. Now I was casting a 2.5 Deliverance, getting interrupted. Then stunned. Then interrupted again. How do you heal with a Sith Warrior in your face? WHY are you healing with a Sith Warrior in your face? Knockback + Slow, walk around a corner and 2.5 heal. Force Speed around a corner, 2.5 heal. Stun into Lift, 2.5 heal. As this spec, Knockback w/ Root, 2.5 heal. As this spec, Shield yourself, wait for the blind. 2.5 heal. We have many solutions. We just have to use them.

Benevolance, I have started using this bastard spell for more then interrupt bait. It's inefficient, it's low healing, but it's the only fast cast we have. Unless you are dying at 0 force every time, I believe it's better to cast a few of these then no heal at all. Use it when that Sith Warrior is in your face. He interrupted it? Cast your real heal now. Someone's dying, but the're a second away from losing their Force Armor debuff? Benevolance, Force Armor, and you now have some breathing room for a Deliverance.

Salvation, I miss my AoE heal. I don't miss spending 100 force every 15 seconds.

Let's not forget the offensive talents. 6 seconds ability lockout is a long time. Tracer spammer giving you trouble? Not for 6 more seconds. That's almost as good as a Force Lift. The lower costing nukes allow you to assist dps in low pressure situtations without draining your force when the fight picks back up.

I've used this build since I read the new patch notes a few days ago. The world did not end. I can still heal a warzone. I threw away the crutch that was Conveyance and found I could walk on my own two feet. Why don't you give it a chance as well?
Give it some practice. My numbers are still respectable. I have pulled off 700k in a 15 min void star with this spec. As full healing spec, my top is 850k. Average is probably 400-500k as hybrid, 500-600k as full heal. ~15% less healing does not seem so bad.

I would be reluctant to give up Healing Trance. It's a cheap, efficient heal. It's also something to cast after Deliverance is interrupted.

As to your respec cost question, it always says it will cost after a week, but check your chat log. There it will say it has been a week since your last respec and the cost has reset to 0.

I would not suggest raid healing without 31 seer. Many people however believe sages will lack the force to cast anything without Resplendence, in pvp or pve. You survived pvp without many force issues. Could you survive pve the same way?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus Healing [better vid!] Hanak 4 4,759 06-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: adun12345
  Sage DPS 1.2 PVE Telekinetics Torinth 8 8,233 04-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Torinth
  DPS Sage Hanak 0 2,424 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sticks & Stones: Sage TK PvP stats Ciel 0 2,929 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: