Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holocom

Revolutionary feature with integrated story design.

In "'JOIN VIA HOLOCOM' button", Georg Zoeller said:
Kalaesk said:
Sweet if that's correct then you don't have to wait for someone to get to the conversation they can just click the button and appear as a hologram.
Correct.

The purpose of this feature is to enable groups to play the story seamlessly together. You do not have to wait for all players to arrive an important quest NPC (since there's always the guy who lags behind in an MMO group anyway). People that are not within the range to initiate physical conversation may opt to join as a hologram instead.

Obviously certain choices will not be available to them (e.g. threatening or applying physical violence), so there is certainly a benefit of actually being there, but it definitely does the trick for many situations just fine.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Sweet. That will be me.

finally someone thinking when designing an mmo ... this could shape up to be interesting

The Equivalent: No more waiting for the person to get from Coronet with full buffs to the Endor Outpost to head on out to the Death Watch bunker.

Hanak Wrote:The Equivalent: No more waiting for the person to get from Coronet with full buffs to the Endor Outpost to head on out to the Death Watch bunker.

Wait, I thought Ice stopped playing with us?
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Ok, maybe I'm way under thinking this, but just leave a person who isn't there out of the decision making process.

This is sounds way to convoluted to be fun for more than a month.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

In a way, the person is leaving him/herself out of the decision making process because not all options are available. If they left them out entirely, why even have a quest NPC? But story and involvement are key to Bioware so they want to include everyone in at least some small way.

I can't help but wonder if it will affect the story line subtly in any way.

well watch bioware toss in lovely hidden easter eggs . Like the solider to intimidate or threaten to blow up the npc's private home etc .... and the soldier's late to the party an can't intimidate the npc . So when group enters the instanced encounter instead if having it easy ... you get the " we're so screwed " instance ^....

Much akin to taking Cillian on an EK run?

Love ya Cillian.

Where did you get your avatar picture Kateria? I don't recognize her.

nawh Cill on ek runs aren't that bad ...unless it's a total party wipe in the opening room . Just kidding

I still remember soloing HK, still can't believe I was able to do that haha, and if I'm not mistaken, Kat's pic is an early concept pic of Bastila Shan

I guess I'm in the minority that favors no BS gaming. I just want to be pointed in a direction and to go destroy.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

HK was always soloable ... hell I farmed him an sold tons for rock bottom prices . made a fortune off HK .... tho also made a fortune soloing that giant bug on that same lava planet . the bug was a bit more challenging then HK .

Sher Kar.

dat's the slug's name .... hehe used to be dirt easy to solo that . pull it close to the ledge an stay near entrance an blast it from range . sure it took 15 mins of spam fire . but it got the job done .

after that was changed because do gooders called it a blatant exploit . it still was soloable .. just required more paitence and good use of tactics and tanking .