Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty

Where are all nice people? It's all empty in the guild for many days now.. something that I'm not aware of? :confused:

Wegin Wrote:Where are all nice people? It's all empty in the guild for many days now.. something that I'm not aware of? :confused:

The game isn't getting any newer Wink
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

We're around, Wegin. =) Just kinda bear in mind that we aren't really focused around any single game right at this moment. We're casual players, and we are probably one of the most laid back of any guild around. That being said, if you feel like you need help with anything in-game at all, just post it here and we're always happy to help when called upon.

Yeah I noticed SWG just fell off for SBR too. Q got promoted, Zombie from what I was talking with him in game wasn't going to be playing much, Kat is off playing DDO and D'hors has a woman or school or something. So the active leaders all went away all at once though not planned that way. Just how it happened. A few others like Pol, Scy and myself that were trying to get back into just can't due to the age of the game and there not being any real activity.

I've been playing EQ2 again the past few nights. Not sure if I'll resub even for that whenever my sub runs out again.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Concur...

I tried to give it a shot, and I found that the reason I played SWG had less to do with the game than it did the people. When there's no people, there's no game. I never really figured out the NGE ground combat. Space was as fun as I remember, if I didn't have to actually land to continue cohesive play. And it's not like Mep isn't great to talk to...just...you know...you can only make so many goat jokes. Really. I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but...

Anyway, I'm still living it up in GW if anyone wants to come with. Still no monthly fee and I've hooked up with a really fun group that's very similar to us...very laid back but competitive when they want to be. Hit me up - Scythe Mcsapien.

Confusedcy:

Sorry about that all, always the Spring semester tends to hit me the hardest and I don't really care for that sadly enough. I'm still working on getting internet in our little appartment behind my house and once that happens things will be a lot better about me getting on fairly regularly.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

At this point i would not be suprised if Sony shut down the servers they have to be losing money keeping the servers up.
Quote:I paid no heed while the yuuzhan ravanged the galaxy. we later sought to bring the dark jedi, Lumiya, into the order but she sided with Vergere and her creation Darth Cadeus.
Darth Krayt SW legacy issue 18

I guess you aren't aware of how many people actually play SWG and how many people are still starting new accounts.

Compared to LOTRO or DDO where all you see is high level peeps doing higher level stuff or just leveling alternate characters - this isn't the case in SWG. At least not on Starsider.

Starsider being the key point to that statement. There are plenty of absolutely dead servers heh.
[Image: sig.jpg]

I would be surprised if they shut down all servers as I wouldn't be surprised at all if they shut down some servers. The game is nearly 6 years old. Even putting aside all that has happened to the game, it is old and should be slowing down.

I've been enjoying a free month of DDO . The games chaged alot in some areas from launch . and alot of familer stuff still remains . the same bugs still exist . but overall with a good group you can have alot of fun .

I know I have not been around very much an I'm sorry . I was burning out on swg . I needed to change it up . I'll be back soon . Just as a long time vet of swg . Thier isn't al lot of new content laying around to go an do . You can only do so much of the same thing for 1000000000000000000 times over before you go nutz .

anyways peace out folks ) . I should be around a bit this weekend.

-Kat

Archangel Wrote:I would be surprised if they shut down all servers as I wouldn't be surprised at all if they shut down some servers. The game is nearly 6 years old. Even putting aside all that has happened to the game, it is old and should be slowing down.

Should be....as far as vet players, yeah, but from what I see and have experienced when it comes to new players just starting - you have tons of high schoolers and even middleschoolers wanting to play a Star Wars game of this scale and SWG is it.

So while we get older - the George Lucas conspiracy still manages to grow larger while more people get into Star Wars, and thus Star Wars Galaxies as well.

A few new players to slow the bleeding is good and all for the game. Yet the game is old, it is in the final sways of life and empty servers should be getting shut down soon. The game is holding up well considering everything that happened.

While I agree some servers need closed and the playerbase consolidated (they are working toward this with the free CTS and other incentives) to say that SWG is in the final sways of life is a jump I really don't see support of unless it comes from veteran players.

How long does a typical game last? How long does a typical MMO last? WoW may last a generation for sure but SWG won't. It's at the 6 year point. Another 2-3 years before it is down to a single server seems realistic. From there it may last another 2-3 years. I'm guessing it survives TOR but just barely. It will persist for a few years after TOR but really, it won't go on forever.