Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruiting Strategy.

I think we should start out with something new when recruiting people, since we got to many bloody jedi.

Then why not post it this way that we would like more Smugglers, Commando's, Spies, Bounty hunters, officers and posible a few more medics.

It merely comes to this because it pisses me off I can't do stuff with the entire guil because there is no need than more than 2 jedi in each group at max as it is now a day and it by that really pains me.

We would be able to have a much better flow if there would be more diversity, as it is now... then guild wise with all the Jedi we got they are like pests... just throwing in my few cents.. we should NOT recruit more full time jedi, well part time maybe if they focus more on a more needed class instead of jedi.

Some of you guys might would like to take this ill up, but to those it is common sense I come with here... we don't need 10 tanks in a group unless we got 15 commandos 15 bhs 10 smugglers 5 officers 10 medics and whatever else to back it up with kind of scenario.

Dunno if it would be a good idea to keep a more strict policy this way... frankly enough it is starting to get really sad, mainly because we would be having problems with going all out in Hoth with SBRs only, because everyone plays a jedi... whats needed there is one LS jedi and maybe another LS or DS Jedi in a group and the rest would sadly enough be LEFT out from doing the stuff because it would be pointless heading to hoth this way.

Just my general thoughts.. dunno if I should had gone easier onto it, but we really lack of DPS in SBR in the form of ranged DPS.

I will be switching to Smuggler as soon as I complete the Jedi Robe quest. I need Jedi 4/5 Sith 4/5 and Sith 5/5. Help me get those, get the sabers, and kill the light and dark jedi and you'll have another ranged character.

I also have an officer template I'd be willing to do if we needed it. But I prefer Smuggler.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

dunno its not the current people that we got that is the problem but I am thinking about what we take in, if you should set some limits for this and that or not... dunno would wellcome in any talented player but increased ads for more ranged would be nice.

Yeah, so I am thinking of respecing Meparch to Jedi so I can be all uber, what you guys think?
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

I gotta agree with quortek . We have plenty of jedi in the guild . From the standpoint of doing heroics as a guild . If we as a guild are going to focus on being able to do heroics on a regular basis . We honestly need alot more by way of ranged dps . some instances we can get away with having 3 jedi in a group . long as at least 1 of them is a dark jedi .

The reality however is that only works in two of the six heroic instances . The other four instances , two jedi are all you really want , more and your group overall dps suffers . This forces a group to be more balanced and using other proffs besides jedi .

For older content like kashyyk and mustafar you can get away with jedi heavy groups .

For me I've been a jedi for far too long to want to even consider respecing to something else . Not to mention the time and efforts devoted to building up my Jedi . I will be remaining a Jedi .

If were gearing for hoth as a primary focus , then we should concentrate on seeking spies , commando's , officers , smugglers , medics . From what I've learned with hoth , bounty hunters are sliced an diced as easily as jedi ....
For phase 2 , spies and smugglers really shine big . for phase 1 commando's are a must . phase 3 it's all out dps . Most importatly , in hoth every one MUST stick together at all times . you seperate and you've killed the whole group .

I told D'hors when I joined up the only instance I really want for my jedi is a 1-time kill of Clenched Fist for the MJC, other than that he's available if needed, but I generally just use him for PvE farming (Krayts, NS, etc...) and I do just fine without heroic jewelry. I really want to focus on my officer, if I can get my timing down so I actually log in before the groups start :neutral:

pfft
If they are Jedi, I tell them the likely hood of them getting in on instances is slimmer, but they will be worked in on runs.

The recruitment strategy isn't based on profession. It is based on character - granted I am less likely to ask a Jedi to join SBR but we are looking not just for an instance group, but for people who are to be friends.

Enough said.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Hanak Wrote:pfft
If they are Jedi, I tell them the likely hood of them getting in on instances is slimmer, but they will be worked in on runs.

The recruitment strategy isn't based on profession. It is based on character - granted I am less likely to ask a Jedi to join SBR but we are looking not just for an instance group, but for people who are to be friends.

Enough said.

I think I mentioned that somewhere too... friendship means alot... maybe I put other words onto it... but I think I said 'that doesn't mean we wont stop giving people a shot if they want it, but having in an extra focus on posible DPS prospects'

Mikee Wrote:I told D'hors when I joined up the only instance I really want for my jedi is a 1-time kill of Clenched Fist for the MJC, other than that he's available if needed, but I generally just use him for PvE farming (Krayts, NS, etc...) and I do just fine without heroic jewelry. I really want to focus on my officer, if I can get my timing down so I actually log in before the groups start :neutral:

No worries bro... will try and get you fully buffed with jewelry on all toons if in need be. =)

Likewise with everyone else that gets around Smile

I really want to drop Jedi. I have had fun with it for years, but I'm sick of the pajamas, sick of the fact that everyone hates Jedi, and sick of not being invited to groups cause I can't dish out decent damage. I love being a tank, and I love my shiny, but I have always prefered being in the minority of character classes, and at one point that was Jedi. Now, I'm just another clone in a robe. That said, I just can't stop in the middle of the robes quest since I'm more than halfway through it and might as well see it through to the end. Plus get the badge of course. Smile

I guess I'm asking for help. Help me complete this stupid grind. Let me retire the robes and pick a less played and more effective profession.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

I'm not sick of Jedi yet (How can I be? I hardly log in!) but if I'm online as Dervish and you guys need my medic alt, just say so! :p
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

Will do, we had space for you last night but the group got together a good deal later than it should have. Is your medic Rebel though because if not it excludes him from Hoth in the least - do we need to run the instance pre-reqs? Cause I know Cillian would LOVE to do ISD.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

I'm always game for running any of the heroics . I admit since finishing my gaurdian 5 piece set . I've been more keen for hoth . But I would love to do more isd an ek runs . since I need 3 more isd's to get the 10 completes , and 6 more eks to finish the 10 completions on ek .

Hoth , I'm in it for the crystel ( 50 lousy grumbles tokens ... ) , and to see uncle jo jo dead at least once ... Seriously we owe that big ugly fat bastid a few kills .

yeah you are right Kat, we need to see my evil stepbrother dead hehe Tongue

We where actually getting rather close at it last time.. that damn snow trick is mean.

that snow stuff is mean ...