Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bespin Expansion

Seems this was leaked.

[youtube]06jpz174BNk[/youtube]

http://www.star-wars-galaxies.com/2008/1...expansion/

Poor Smed, he never learns.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

O.o

Well I never trusted the guy, most stupid game developer ever lol.

Erm... Yeah, that all seems pretty fake.. I dunno.

I agree it looks unprofessional. It is clearly not something intended for the public to see. It seems more like an internal sales pitch that passes from one office to the other.

However there are scenes which include graphics not in the game, at all. The game shown moves and feels like SWG. For this to be a fake would require someone very very bored. It would simply take too much work to create some of those scenes. Some are obviously cut and paste jobs, which would be done by SOE for a demo reel they would pass around internally. Still a few look more polished and complete. Those must be part of the game.

Of course if SWG nose dives in the next few months, we do have KOTOROL being announced next week, this may never see the light of day.

It was my understanding that the current dev team for SWG is basically a maintenance crew. Even if someone really made some of that stuff, I do not think it will ever see the live servers.

Even if it did, it would need to meet some pretty harsh and specific criteria for me to bother trying it

The Atmo flight would have to be possible on all planets, not just bespin, otherwise bespin is just a space zone with lots of clouds and a station. (you thought lag storms in Nebulae were bad)
They would also need to correct an old error and make mustafar a system.. currently it is its own planar dimension because you cannot fly there through space

Even if I came back to try something like this, I hardly see myself staying. Playing SWGs new space zones, it takes about half an hour to kill a few T10 fighters... I could get as much entertainment out of moving a mountain a few pebbles at a time, or starting a calculator at 999999999 and hitting -9 until it gets to zero. I get more enjoyment out of 30 minutes on XWA.

TBH, the only real reason for me to ever consider going back to SWG is to play with the SBRs still there, but even then I don't have enough free time to be much use to anyone other than to say hello.

I guess this could be considered a plea for SOE for you to come back Doc, but no one else is making this plea. I just through this up because it may be slightly interesting/amusing for about 2 minutes and that is about it.

SWG was special, very special but that moment in time has past like so many others.

This is indeed fake. A mod on the SWG boards confirmed it was not made by SOE or LA and there are no plans in making an expansion. You should've seen the explosion of posts and shortly after it was promptly locked.

dunno what to believe, some of it certainly could look it is not other would be a yes or a no or whatever.

Some of the stuff could ha been clipped in from here and there from other games, and yet not it looks very close to the SWG interrior.

As for bespin posibly being a lag hell then well it could be the intro movie you see there everytime you enter just like at mustafar.

As for a zone with clouds it certainly can be done, I know from own experience in how to add poor quality stuff far away that will look good at great distance and then adding a cubic room inside a more huge cube that would make it look alot like horizont etc.

But I got my doubts alot on if it is right or not, it would be kinda very beta if it is true though, and would love to have a chiss alt and all but whatever, whenever it comes to it, then it is not important.

I have to mention though that there has been done quite alot of server maintaince and posible upgrades, so it could be that the server would be geared for all this through the next 5-6 months, they are about to shut down alot of the low pop servers as it is now, mainly because people stick to the good servers, eg Starsider varies from medium to heavy populated in the right hours and most of the time around medium when people gets on, so there has to be an increase to people who play the game as it is and that stuff like this could be quite a posibility since now they have found out what would make people actually play the game.

All crafting needs is getting back up at a much more increased rate than before, it is not NGE anymore for an instance, it is what it was supposed to be whenever they launched it all, those who made it run again really has done an effort, but it would had been better if they had released it all today rather than developing it over years.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts..._id=766433

Its fake...the servers are having scheduled maintenance (except today which is to address power issues). If anything they are getting ready for Hoth.

I want to play XWA...

Tiggs said all those rumors about NGE were not true. The mods have no idea what the plans are. I'm guessing this is what comes after hoth, though I doubt they could actually charge for it.

What Mep said basically. I mean do you really honestly believe that they would even begin to tell you the truth, even if the mod did know?
[Image: sig.jpg]

Also, if you'll notice on the voice overs they are simply redubbed sound clips. The first is, of course, Billy Dee Williams introducing himself to Leia in ESB. The second is the voice of Kyle Katarn from Jedi Outcast. The YT-2000 would be a nice addition, though. It's always been my favorite Corellian design.

I wouldn't rule out it being a fake. SOE lately has been pumping out expansions for EQ and EQ2. They seem to think it is a revenue stream. SOE has to do something big with SWG before KOTOROL comes out to keep at least some people. I can see them basically giving the expansion away for free to just about everyone. To vets to get them to come back, to current players to get them to transfer to last few servers to be kept open.

As to Bespin itself, if this is real, I am guessing it wouldn't be a space zone. It would most likely use their new vehicle combat engine they put in the game. This would solve some of the lag issues, though the clouds would be rather heavy on the particle effects.

So yeah, it could be a fake but it makes too much sense for them not to do this.

I'm gonna stick to XWA...