Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than meets the eye!

I just saw Transformers. I almost pee'd myself in the movie theater.

I'm still giddy. I want to see it again. Badly.

Quote:Originally posted by Jayce
I almost pee'd myself in the movie theater.

Wow, all that potty training is really paying off.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

I have to agree with Jayce.....everything but the peeing part, but a large drink doesn't help the bladder any when you are seeing a movie, especially one thats 2 hours and 24 minutes along. I gotta see that again, without the large drink this time.

Wait. So it's actually not a steaming pile of Michael Bay crap?
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

I don't think so at least, and Jayce (who may condsider investing in some Depends undergarments if he does go again) seems to think the same....I do wanna see that again, but Die Hard and Harry Potter are gonna take priority since I have already seen Transformers once.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the second coming as everyone says it is. The first movie was far better, hands down. The best scene in the whole movie was when Suck Ass ripped a scene out of the real Transformers movie.
With that said, it was worth seeing, but not worth buying on DVD. This should have been animated and cut out all the human stuff. Who the F cares if the dad's grass is grassed. Then again, there already was an animated version that could have retained the original voice track and just updated the animation.

I thought having humans added the humor that helped the movie along. Personally, I think making a live action movie about Transformers was impressive and I think that it was done well enough that I will buy the movie myself. As far as the first movie was, I wasn't all that impressed and I think they could have put that on TV as a part of the series.

Oh I am seeing the movie again. And definately am buying the DVD the day it comes out. I loved it. I knew it wasn't going to be the original movie, but compared to what they could have done with it, I'm very impressed. And the CG was amazing.

***Maybe spoilerish....

My only issue is that they didn't really develop the Decepticon characters. And I almost cried when Megatron ripped one of the autobots IN FLIPPING HALF! OH MY GOSH! "Oh I don't want a piece of you, I WANT TWO!"

Ahhhh!

Can't have a good story without good villain development. This movie had no villain development. Even star wars did a good job developing the villains. Of course we all knew who megatron and starstream were, so I guess they needed no introduction. Without that knowledge, who cares that megatron died, especially when it should have been Prime that bites it. Much more emotional that way.

But hey, it has pretty effects in typical bay fashion.

Eh.. Oh, and my youngest nephew did cry when Jazz was torn in two. So don't feel bad, JC. ;p As for the movie itself, well, when you do a franchise like this, you don't necessarily have to do it well. It's a marketed product that's been established for an entire generation, going on 2. When you've got something like that, you put more effort into the title than the movie itself. Doesn't need good writing. Doesn't need a plot. Just needs to have the characters that everyone knows and loves. That's the bottom line.

Exactly, it was a bad ass 2hour + commercial, not so great a movie.

Quote:Originally posted by Sonic
Eh.. Oh, and my youngest nephew did cry when Jazz was torn in two.

Bastards killed Jazz?

They should have killed Ironhide or Wheeljackoff.
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

Jazz had maybe 3 lines in the whole movie, not enough character development to get sentimental about.

Yeah I don't give a crap how 'good' it was, I loved it. Fun as heck to watch, and I am glad they ripped some of the best lines out of the original movie. Like I said, definately going to see it again. I just wish it was done in IMAX, too much stuff going on in some of the frames to appreciate the detail on a normal sized screen.

Anyone know how well it's doing in the theaters? Everyone I've talked too out here have loved it, and every guy my age who's seen it wants to see it again.

Nevermind. $27.4 million on Tuesday alone. Beat Out Pirates, Dead Man's Chest by almost $12 million for best Tuesday debut. Also add to that $8 million on the Monday preview. Pretty good for midweek.