Saberwing Forums
Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Printable Version

+- Saberwing Forums (http://www.sabercult.com)
+-- Forum: Main Communications (http://www.sabercult.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Star Wars: The Old Republic (http://www.sabercult.com/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... (/thread-4023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Hanak - 07-24-2011

Someone sold theirs today for $340 dollars.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - SBR_Scythe - 07-24-2011

Hanak Wrote:Someone sold theirs today for $340 dollars.

#1 fundamental rule of a free market. People are stupid and will pay a perceived value even if that value is not true to market.

Related side note: Amazon limits you to one per account, and yet I have 4 different amazon accounts. Huh... $340 - 150 - S&H = profit for minimal work.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Meparch - 07-25-2011

Yeah, problem is, Amazon is still in stock. Yes people can be stupid and buy on ebay. There are many CEs on ebay going for $250, why did that fool spend $350?

It isn't available everywhere so maybe someone over seas will want it and pay a lot for shipping. All I can figure, other than pure stupidity. Unless amazon runs out soon I don't see this being a big money maker for anyone other than EA/LA. With that said, I have yet to cancel my second CE. I'll wait and see I guess.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Starfire - 07-25-2011

I guess I was wrong. That wasn't fake.

Belle and I bought the CE's so don't feel too bad Arch. Although I'm just going to give my Malgus statue to a friend that likes that kind of crap. I hate darksiders and don't want one fouling up my living area. Especially not some Darth Vader wannabe.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Cillian Harth - 07-25-2011

Starfire Wrote:I guess I was wrong. That wasn't fake.

Belle and I bought the CE's so don't feel too bad Arch. Although I'm just going to give my Malgus statue to a friend that likes that kind of crap. I hate darksiders and don't want one fouling up my living area. Especially not some Darth Vader wannabe.

We should of got a Satele Shan statue Sad

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Meryl Haddox - 07-25-2011

Maybe they'll release one in the future... Maybe...

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Meparch - 07-26-2011

Or the Shae Vizla one

[Image: 80082-2.jpg]

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Meryl Haddox - 07-26-2011

I'd be cool with that one, Mandalorians kick ass!

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Hanak - 07-28-2011

Arch, another one sold today for $350.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Zombie - 07-30-2011

So what your all saying is...I must give in to the very effective marketing ploy and buy the CE?

Eh...maybe. I dunno bout that kind of money just for 6 days of head start. I had more with STO.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - kateria - 07-30-2011

hehe for 70 quid you can get a digital download special edition that gives you almost everything the CE gives you minus the figuerine , the mouse droid , an the soundtrack CD, and the CE special in game store . And you still get your 6 day early access pass .

or you can pay 50 quid an get the standerd edition an have 6 days early access .

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Hanak - 07-30-2011

They haven't verified how long it will be, Stephen Reid said that it could be weeks or days.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Meparch - 07-30-2011

Sounds like they will slowly trickle people in each day to keep the noob servers from crashing. So yeah, the first ones signed up may be in game a week or two before the walk ins come in.

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - kateria - 07-30-2011

I could honestly see BW breaking it down like this ...

Collectors editions gets you to the front of the line

Special edition you come in a few days later .

standerd edition you come in a couple days before it all goes live .

Time to Pay Up, A Lot..... - Hanak - 07-30-2011

Already been stated that they do it based on when the Early Access key was entered on the TOR website.